Friday, March 6, 2015

Cricut Explore Make It Now Mickey & Pluto Scrapbook Page

In my last post I went over the calibration of the Cricut Explore for the Print & Cut feature.

I had found a scrapbook page in the Make It Now section that had a Mickey & Pluto image that was on the Mickey & Friends cartridge that I got back in January.

When I chose this page I didn't realize that it was a print & cut image.  The Design Space software prompted me to calibrate my machine and once that was finished it took me right back to the project.


The Make It Now project page gives you a list of materials needed to complete the project along with a few instructions on putting it together.  If you want to make a project but don't have all the images you can select the Customize button on the bottom right and substitute with your own images.

Since I didn't need to make any changes I selected the green Make It Now button.



It took me to the page with all the mats for my project.  The top mat is for the printed image.  I put cardstock in my printer and printed the Mickey & Pluto image then put it on my mat and inserted it into the Explore for it to cut it out.  


My printer had printed the registration marks quite far down the page so I trimmed the page by about a quarter inch and then the Explore scanned the marks and started cutting.  




Here it is after it finished cutting. 




The black part left on the cardstock are the bleed lines.  Good to have so there is no white outline showing on your finished cut.




I was impressed with how well the Explore cut this image.  Especially the tips of the tails on both Mickey and Pluto.




The image on the left is the Print & Cut and the image on the right is one that I cut out with my Expression 2 in January and pieced together by hand.  I like the dimension on the hand-pieced images but it a definite bonus having the option to print and cut. I have problems with the tendons in my left thumb/wrist and the piecing together of the small cuts was difficult. 


After that I loaded the other papers onto my mat and had the Explore cut them so I could quickly assemble the page.  They were simple cuts and only took a few minutes to put together.


Here is my finished page. Just need to get a photo printed for the left side.  
I've been working on an album from our trip to Walt Disney World in 2003
 so I should have lots to choose from.





Here is a short video I took of the Explore doing my first Print & Cut.



Check out my Close To My Heart website for more information about these products.

Close To My Heart Products used:
Black Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock,  Canary Cardstock

Disney paper is from an EK Success Paper Pad I bought at Joann.com



Check out the Cricut Explore & Bundles at Cricut.com
They also have the wireless adapter and other accessories available online.
Free shipping over $35 with code:  MARCHSHIP















No comments:

Post a Comment