Friday, September 18, 2015

Using Canon Selphy Photo Printer for Pocket Scrapbooking

I ordered a Canon Selphy CP-910 last week from Staples.ca.  I've been looking at these personal sized photo printers for a couple of months and decided to try it out.  

After the inconvenience of Walmart & Costco online photo centre having their systems compromised a few month ago I thought this might be a little easier.

The cost per print is more than what I pay to upload and do local pickup but I don't mind paying a bit more for the convenience and if I have large orders to do I will still get some prints at Costco (they use same system as Walmart but no credit card information is stored on server since you pay in store).


Unboxing Canon Selphy CP-910


It comes with paper tray, printer driver disc, instruction manual and a sampler size ink cartridge and 4x6 paper - just enough to do 5 prints.


Very small - doesn't take up much room on table.  Roughly 5x7 in size.



Here's the ink cartridge that came with it.



Really easy to use - just slide it in the side compartment until it clicks.






Paper Tray for 4x6 prints.



Open up the top two pieces to add your paper.  The first piece acts as a dust cover for when your not using the tray.  The second piece opens up to add paper then snaps shut to attach to printer.


Open all the way.



Ready to go into printer.   



Using my iPad -  the printer shows up in my wifi list.  There is a password for the wifi saved on the Selphy.


Ready to print!



Here's a quick video of my first photo being printed out. 



I used the Project Life App on my iPad to put these two pictures onto a 4x6 print.  

I've also downloaded an app called PicFrame that has a lot of photo collages on it - by choosing the 3:2 ratio I have lots of collages to choose from and they will print out just right for 4x6 sized print.  




I played around with the Canon app to print out some of the sample pictures and have also downloaded another app called PictPrint that also connects to the Canon Selphy CP-910.  

No comments:

Post a Comment