Thursday, September 10, 2015

Trying out the Bokeh Technique for Card Backgrounds

 This morning I thought I would try out the Bokeh Effect background that I have been seeing all over Facebook and YouTube.

I've watched a few videos and have seen it done with either watercolour paints or stamp pads.
I used stamp pads today and will try it again in similar colours when my new watercolour paints from CTMH arrive.

I cut a stencil out of a thin sheet of acetate with my Cricut Explore.

I chose a few different colour combos and with each one I started with the darkest colour then filled in the empty spaces with two lighter colours and just kept blending with a sponge until I got the effect that I wanted.





I used CTMH White Daisy Pigment Ink to do all the white circles.  I let it dry a bit and then went back over a few on each paper.






CTMH Products used:








In Canada? You can purchase these products on my CTMH website:

Or start your own CTMH business for just $149. 

 Receive regular updates of upcoming Classes & Workshops 
by signing up for my Monthly Newsletter.  Link in right hand column.

No comments:

Post a Comment