Friday, June 9, 2017

Camping Layouts with Creative Memories Digital Artwork

I knew when I saw the newly released Creative Memories Adventure Collection that it would be perfect for scrapping our camping layouts.  The graphics in this kit match our coastal British Columbia terrain. Even though we live near the ocean, we are surrounded by forests, mountains, and lakes.

I decided to use this kit for digital layouts of a camping trip we took back in the summer of 2010. 
As much as I love traditional scrapping, sometimes digital is the way to go.  I wanted these layouts to have large photos to showcase the lake and mountainside views.  The new Adventure Collection is the perfect accent to these pictures.    

I chose to go with a Project Life style layout.  Using My Memories Suite software I was able to create my own templates then fill in with photos, and add in the digital artwork using Creative Memories papers and mat packs and a few coordinating digital embellishments.   




This layout uses two digital images from the CM Adventure Mat Pack.  I added text to the top of each image and matched the text colour to the bottom layer of the "Roughing It" outline.  





This layout also uses two Adventure mats and I added my journaling to the larger box. I added the canoe embellishment and adjusted the opacity so it is just a shadow in the corner of the journaling box.



For this layout, I used the woodgrain paper from the Woodland Whimsy Boy paper pack to create the background of my journaling box.  Using the colour picker tool, I changed the text colour to match the dark brown of the slats.  The three embellishments are from the CM Gallivant digital kit - I thought they would work well with this page.  I love how versatile the kits are.   With My Memories Suite software, you can change the colours of embellishments.  For this layout, I decided to change the arrow to green instead of the original red.  I used the colour picker and matched it to the green on the "Let's Go" embellishment.



This layout uses the rock paper from the Adventure digital paper pack - I wanted it to match the mats that I used in my second layout.  

I used the Woodland Whimsy boy paper again but added the Happy Camper graphic from the Adventure kit over top.

The Artwork for these layouts is available for purchase in Canada on my Creative Memories website. You can also use the Advisor Locator to find a CM Advisor near you.

My Memories Suite V8 software is available to purchase on their website - use code STMMM3762 for $10 off software purchase or 10% off photo books and gifts.   You can download a free trial of the software if you'd like to try before you buy.    


No comments:

Post a Comment