Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Scrapbook Title in Inkscape using Crafts By Two Font Art Tutorial

While I've been working on my album for 2003 I've been learning how to use Inkscape so I can design some of my own titles and cutting files to use with my Cricut Explore.



In a previous post I went over the tutorials from Crafts By Two using colouring pages to make your own cutting files for personal use.  

I made another cutting file this week for my Christmas pages and love how it turned out.


Here are my finished files imported into Cricut Design Space and ready to cut.  
I used another great tutorial on Font Art from Crafts By Two to make my own title in Inkscape.



I started off in Inkscape using Waltograph Font & Alex Brush Script Font.

I typed out my words and positioned them where I wanted them. 

Then following the tutorial I made the different shadow layers.  
Once it was finished I imported my svg file into Cricut Design Space.  
I made a duplicate of it so I could add the two gifts shadow layers to the title.
I also duplicated the gift images because when you weld it all together it becomes just one layer.




I cut out all the different title layers and gift layers and glued them all together.
I used foam tape on the title piece to pop it up from the base layer.


I used CTMH Black, Glacier & Cranberry Cardstock along with CTMH Snowhaven patterned paper.  I had a scrap of CTMH Silver glitter cardstock that I used to back the gift on the left.


Here is my finished title - ready to add to my scrapbook page.

I love how precise the Cricut Explore cuts - the word "from" and Pluto's tail are very fine cuts and cut beautifully. 






No comments:

Post a Comment