Friday, May 8, 2015

Bendy Fold Anniversary Card

My Grandparents are celebrating their 65th Wedding Anniversary this month and I wanted to make them a special card.

I ended up going with a free file from Birds Cards that I had downloaded earlier this month.






I went online to see what the traditional colours are for 65th Anniversary - 
Sky Blue according to About.com


In Cricut Design Space I resized the card so that the back part of the card measured 5x5.


Then I made 2 labels - one for the back of the card that was personalized and another for the inside with an Anna Griffin Anniversary sentiment that I found in Design Space.

I used the writing feature with my Cricut Explore with the Pilot Precise V5 pens - I was so impressed with these pens in the Explore.  I took a short video clip with my iPhone as it was writing.  
The fine detail is amazing!  





Inner label with Sentiment from Anna's Garden Cards & Embellishments written with Cricut Explore.



I cut the base of my card using CTMH White Daisy Cardstock 
and covered the front opening with light blue vellum.


I cut the outer frame piece out of CTMH Silver Glitter paper and carefully attached it so nothing stuck to the vellum.  I wanted the vellum to bend with the front of the card and hide the inner sentiment label.   



                                                

I used my CTMH Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge to cut a 5x7 Envelope out of CTMH Glacier Cardstock in keeping with the 65th Sky Blue Anniversary theme. 


Birds Cards cutting files are available free for personal use only.

Close To My Heart products are available for purchase on my CTMH website

Cricut Explore Air & Anna Griffin Cartridge are available at Cricut.com


No comments:

Post a Comment