Thursday, April 23, 2015

Colouring Book SVG 101 with Crafts By Two

About a month ago I bookmarked the Crafts By Two Colouring Book Series and printed off the reference sheets that go along with the videos.   Yesterday I decided I would follow along with the first tutorial - I didn't watch any of the videos, just used the written instructions.

I've used Inkscape in the past for converting images to svg for using with My Memories Digital Scrapbook Software.   And that was only to import as solid image after using trace bitmap.

I found the written tutorial very easy to follow.  I had watched a video that someone else had done and it didn't work.  The Crafts By Two didn't leave out any steps and I was able to save my svg and cut it out with my Cricut Explore last night.


I found this image online.  I was looking for an image with larger pieces and everything connected for filling in with colour.  I do have a few Disney cartridges that I bought in the United States so I had a good idea of what I wanted when piecing together of all the cuts.  

I imported the picture into Inkscape and followed the instructions by 
Crafts By Two - How To: Coloring Book SVG 101


Here is my svg uploaded into Cricut Design Space.



Each piece cut out with my Cricut Explore.  Even the teeny, tiny pieces for the nostrils cut out. 



Here's my finished image all glued together.  
The only piece that didn't work well for me was the highlight on the nose.  
I ended up removing it and using a black pen instead.  
I like how it turned out even with having to put the face together like that.  

I watched all the videos this morning and using the same image I am going to follow 
Crafts By Two: How To Coloring Book Svg 201.  

I will post that as soon as I have it cut and pieced together and will show a side by side comparison with this first image. 

To see the video tutorials and download the pdf instructions visit:


If using a licensed image to make a cutting file remember personal use only.
This image will be used in my Walt Disney World scrapbook. 


No comments:

Post a Comment