Saturday, November 29, 2014

Last Days of Studio J $5 layout sale & using Studio J with outside programs

Just today and tomorrow left to take advantage of the Studio J Lucky 5 promotion.  You get a 12x24 layout printed for only $5.00 plus s&h.  That is about half the price of what I would pay to get my pages printed here - Costco charges $4.99 for a 12x12 layout.  CTMH Consultants also get a 22% discount off of that price and orders count towards your quarterly minimums. I've been working on layouts all week - just need to do my final spell checks and I'll be ready to order.


If you aren't familiar with Studio J - it is an online digital scrapbook program by Close To My Heart. You login, create a project, upload photos, choose a digital kit and a two page photo layout or create your own with the No Limits feature. Drag and drop your pictures, add some journalling, titles and embellishments and your done. There is also an option with the pages pre-finished and you just add your photos and journaling - I found those were a real time saver. The program saves your layouts for 90 days so you can order as many layouts as you want. It's flat rate shipping so more economical to save them up and do a larger order all at once.

So that's the basics - there are many other things you can do with the software.   If you are a traditional scrapbooker and like to print out odd sized photos you can do that too.  Just use a No Limits page and create the photo wells in the sizes you like and drag and drop your pictures in - great for those odd sizes like 2x2, 3x3 or larger 5x7.

If you are a digi-scrapper you can import your jpgs created with other software and get those 12x12 layouts printed at a great rate.  Or print out digital images for use in pocket scrapbooking.  I have a lot of digital journalling cards that I can now add to my regular pocket album.  I can even import them and add a text box and do my journalling right in Studio J before I get them printed.

When I checked my email this morning I had an offer to buy the Project Life app for iPhone for $.99 this weekend.  I decided to download it and then did a search online to learn more about it.  You can use your photos that you take with your phone in the app or use photos from Dropbox.   For me that's a bonus because I personally don't care for many of the Project Life journalling cards.  So I can save my digital journalling cards (lots of free graphics online) and import them right from Dropbox.



Here is the first layout that I made with the app.  The kit choices included with the app are very limited and I'm not going to spend money on any other kits when I can use my own graphics.  The Snow Fun card is one that I downloaded for free off the internet and uploaded to Dropbox from my computer.  I was then able to add it to the layout in the app.   It was fun to play around with and I can see it being handy for pictures that I don't necessarily want to keep but can still scrapbook while it's fresh in my mind.   These pictures are from last night - it had just started to snow and my 4 month old puppy needed to go out.  I took them with my cell phone and they aren't great quality but I'm happy I've got a quick page done.  It's these everyday moments that I love to capture and too often I miss out because I wait too long to scrap them.  


Another fun iPhone app that was recommended when I was looking into the Project Life app was one called Phonto.  It was a free app that lets you write directly onto your photos.   I tried it out on a picture with my dogs and it worked great.  

Now I can add it to a Studio J page or a pocket scrapbook page and don't have to wonder later why I have a random picture of the dogs looking out the window.  

Here is the layout I made with the Project Life app imported into Studio J alongside a 12x12 layout that I made in My Memories:


Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Studio J.  There's no cost to try it out and you don't need to create an account right away either.    


No comments:

Post a Comment