Thursday, October 22, 2015

Simple Scrapbook Page with CTMH Paper Fundamentals and Artistry Cricut Cartridge

I'm currently working on a few different albums and one of them is from when my kids were little.  I came across a few random shots that didn't really have a theme to them so I decided to just do a simple layout with them.  I took a picture of the layout before adding the photos,  my daughter definitely wouldn't want me to share one of the pictures of her.

I grabbed a sheet of the CTMH Paper Fundamentals from the old patterns that were retired in August, added a bit of black for contrast and a few cuts with the latest CTMH Cricut cartridge - Artistry and had it done in no time at all.



I used a layout from CTMH Reflections How-To Book & added a bit of CTMH White Shimmer Trim for embellishment.  
I used both sides of the Fundamentals paper, one side is printed and the other side has a slight texture in the same pattern.

The background of hearts is from the Artistry cartridge and I modified one of the cuts on the same cartridge to create my journaling box.  The original image had an Easter egg - using the Slice feature in Design Space I removed it and welded a Balloon image instead.   
I cut out the top layer of the Balloon in the Fundamentals and popped it up with some Foam Tape and added some Shimmer Trim behind the Heart cut out.  I love Shimmer Trim, especially the White. I use it in almost all my projects.  

My title is cut out from the Artistry cartridge and backed in co-ordinating Pixie cardstock and the journaling was printed in the same font using the writing feature & pen holder on my Cricut Explore. 


Close To My Heart Products Used:


CTMH Reflections Layout Book

CTMH White Daisy Cardstock
CTMH Black Cardstock
CTMH Pixie Cardstock
CTMH Whimsy Paper Fundamentals (all new patterns available)

CTMH White Shimmer Trim






No comments:

Post a Comment