Thursday, February 19, 2015

Tri-Fold Shutter Card with Cricut Craftroom

I've decided to take the plunge and order a Cricut Explore.  I've had my Cricut Expression 2 since last April and think this new machine will be a good fit.  I've done my homework and really like the extra features that it has.  Since it has to be connected to the internet I think I'll keep the E2 for the times that I can't get online to cut.

While doing some research about the Explore I came across The Non-Crafty Crafter Blog.  I was looking at the codes for the images in Explore and found some files to use to cut Box cards & Shutter cards, too.   She also had the Cricut Craftroom version so I downloaded both and figured I'd test them out in the E2 while I wait for my Explore to arrive.

I made the Tri-Fold Shutter Card today.



I cut the base it Cricut Craftroom using CTMH Pear cardstock.
The Aloha was cut from the Cricut Life's A Beach cartridge.  I used the hide contour feature to make the shadow layer in CTMH Honey.  




I cut the patterned pieces with my paper cutter using the dimensions from the Cricut Craftroom file.  That way I didn't waste any cardstock.    I added some glitter to the flower and popped it up with foam tape.  


 All the patterned pieces including the Pink Aloha are from Recollections Surf's Up Paper Pack.  


I added some glitter to the flower and popped it up with foam tape.  

This was a really fun, fast card to make. 
I can't wait to get my Explore so I can use the score tool that goes in the pen holder.  

You can find this file and others plus lots of information about the Cricut Explore on The Non-Crafty Crafter Blog.  The link for the cut files is at the top of the page.

Order CTMH products in Canada on my CTMH website:

A percentage of the total online sales from now til the end of March will be donated to Greta's Craft Fair Fundraiser to help a family and young daughter who is going through cancer treatment right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment