Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pocket style scrapbooking, a new toy & a name change

So I have started to make some journaling cards for my pocket scrapbooking pages and when I was looking online at what other people were making I kept seeing a lot of Cricut images and became a little more curious as to what this machine can do.  I love my Sizzix Big Kick but I have mainly used it for embossing and in order to use it for cutting the amount of items I need for scrapbooking I would have to buy too many individual dies. So as I was checking out Pinterest and various blogs I saw that Michael's was having a sale (worked out to 40% off) on the Cricut Expression 2 and cartridges.  So off I went to Michael's and picked up a machine and an extra cartridge.

It came preloaded with 2 cartridges and one in the box so I have lots of images to play with.  And there are so many tutorials that I can't wait to really get going with it.

I have found lately that my hands are sore and I've been have problems doing things that I like to do so I think having something that can do all the cutting for me will really help with that.  I've already been playing around with the Cricut software so I can design & save my cutting files on my desktop and co-ordinate the images I want for my journaling cards while I am choosing and resizing my pictures with my digital scrapbooking software.   I look forward to sharing my handmade journaling cards and tips for the Cricut as I learn more about what I can do with it.

I've also updated the name of my blog and reworked my header as I have not been affiliated with Stampin' Up for quite some time.

So welcome to Nancy's Scrappin' and Stamps where I intend to share my own personal papercraft projects and occasionally some digital and other multimedia projects.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment